CLICK HERE TO JOIN A SERVICE ON ZOOM
Welcome to Ojai Valley Wesleyan Church’s website. We hope we can be a blessing to you as we seek to be used by Jesus Christ to transform lives.
You are invited to join us for services online or in-person!
(The join link above works for all services whenever a service is live)
For audio only, you can call:
669-900-9128, meeting ID 431 982 071# (Calif)
Click Here for more Zoom meeting details
Thursday night Bible Study back on! Tomorrow, February 3 at 6:30 pm, in-person and online. (Masks are required when in-person and indoors.)
Also remember prayer meeting every Tuesday at 6:30 pm (in-person or online) and Wednesday morning Bible study at 7:30 am (online only).
Thursday night Bible study cancelled tonight and next week, January 20 and 27. But keep reading your Bible at home!
Join us tonight for a time dedicated to praying for the United States.
National Day of Prayer Gathering
7 p.m. PDT
Online or in-person at Ojai Wesleyan
Let’s get together in-person to glorify God in fellowship with one another!
When: Saturday, October 31, 6 pm
Where: Ojai Valley Wesleyan Church parking lot
Show up in a costume (optional) and with your own food (optional). Please wear your mask when not eating. Please stay social distanced. Distance markers will be in place to help keep us from getting too close. 🙂
Walk of Compassion with Life Choice Pregnancy Clinic
Pastor Lyn says, “I will be walking the walk at the Walk For Life, I’d like you to walk with me!”
Saturday, September 26
Walk and festivities: 9:00 to 10:30AM
1320 Maricopa Highway, Ojai
Join Pastor Lyn there! Or get your donation to support the walk to the church this Sunday or next.
Covid-19 guidelines will be followed.
As you are aware, this week the State and County have mandated re-closing many public gatherings and activities including church worship services. We are responding to this mandate.
Many in our congregation have attended services online via Zoom during the coronavirus closure from March forward, and, in fact, have continued to participate via Zoom even as we have simultaneously opened the sanctuary for physical attendance.
The re-closure hits hardest for those who do not have online access and have not been able to participate in congregational life since March, and began coming out and attending since the last Sunday of June when we reopened the sanctuary.
If you have previously participated in our Sunday mornings via Zoom, we ask you to return to or continue with Zoom. For those without online access, the church doors will be unlocked and the Zoom-based worship service will be projected on screen via computer video and audio in a “watch and listen” only format. The worship service will be led remotely, so as to comply with the mandate.
Thank you for your intercession as we navigate these dicey days.
The old Gaither Trio song speaks to our concerns today:
I don’t know about tomorrow;
I just live from day to day.
I don’t borrow from its sunshine
For it’s skies may turn to grey.
I don’t worry o’er the future,
For I know what Jesus said.
And today I’ll walk beside Him,
For He knows what is ahead.
Many things about tomorrow
I don’t seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow
and I know who holds my hand.
Loving you and praying for you,
In-person services are resuming on Sunday, June 21! Please see the below guidelines for how service will be conducted in order to help everyone stay safe and healthy.
Services will continue to be available on Zoom!
- Don’t get too excited about in-person services. It’s not going to be the same yet. No potluck yet.
- Please stay at home if you have any symptoms such as fever or cough (see www.cdc.org).
- Pretend that service will be outdoors when choosing your clothing! Every window and door in the sanctuary will be propped open. If it’s hot out, it’ll be hot inside. If it’s cold out, it’ll be cold inside.
- Please wash your hands before coming to church.
- Park in every other space in the parking lot (including bank lot).
- Maintain physical distancing even while outside.
- When you come into the sanctuary, please sanitize your hands.
- Face coverings are required inside the sanctuary.
- No hugging or handshaking, yet.
- Pews will be marked with target seating areas-sit on the taped area (1, 2, or 3 family members per area).
- If your family needs to go significantly beyond the target area that is marked, please use either of the four front most or rear most pews. Ensure that you’re 6 feet from the nearest non-family member. The adjacent pew may need to be unused.
- We may have music but we won’t be singing. Yet. Hum and worship God!
- Please ensure young children stay with their family.
- Touch as little as possible—avoid touching any surfaces.
- Cough and sneeze etiquette: a) cover mouth and nose with tissue; b) discard tissue; c) wash hands. If you don’t have a tissue, cough/sneeze into your elbow or sleeve.
- Bathrooms will be closed–prepare accordingly!
- Service will end at the latest 11:45 am sharp.
- This is really good! We might still be missing some things we love, but this is a step in that direction and it will be so wonderful to be in the sanctuary together!
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Jesus told his disciples a story to illustrate their need for constant prayer and to show them that they must never give up.
Luke 18 records Jesus asking, “But when I, the Son of Man return, how many will I find who have faith?”
God is massively at work in this time of coronavirus disruption and calls us to participate with Him.
Let’s not be content to watch from the sidelines and move forward into Holy Spirit empowered praise and intercession to be faithful to God’s call.
I am inviting you to join forces in united intercession for a tremendous move of the Holy Spirit in our community, nation and world. We open this evening and will continue online/Zoom at least during the Covid-19 restrictions.
Log on at a time that’s best for you.
Each Thursday at 6:30-7:00PM
Each Saturday at 7:30-8:00AM
For all of our OVWC online gatherings, go to www.ojaiwesleyan.org for the Zoom meeting link.
Yours for prayer and exalting Jesus!
Pastor Lyn Thomas
Ojai Valley Wesleyan Church